Post Fix Concealed Post Base
The Slatted Screen Fencing postfix (also known as a concealed post base) will provide customers with a clean, concealed look providing a 25mm standoff height above concrete. This allows a customer to reduce the potential of decay and rotting thus providing an impressive lifespan. The post base is designed for use with posts 90mm to 100mm
The postfix is made using;
Galvanised steel flitch plate, washers and standoff base
Powder-coated flat back base in black
12mm diameter dowels – mechanically galvanised
1. The flitch plate should be used as a template to mark the dowel locations.
2. Drill 13mm holes perpendicular to the post at marked locations.
3. Cut a 5mm wide slot on the side adjacent the drilled holes. Check that the flitch plate slides freely.
4. Fix down the flitch plate to the concrete foundation and lower the standoff over the flitch plate.
5. Lower the post onto the flitch plate with the drilled holes aligned with the three holes in the flitch plate. Be careful to avoid rotating the post during installation.
6. Drive the dowels into the post. They should be roughly centred within the post.
Should you have any questions regarding thepost fix or wish to discuss with a member of the team please contact us today on 0161 764 5362.